ELSI in Review • December 2022
About this listing
ELSI in Review is a listing of recently published reviews of the literature on key ELSI topics curated by CERA staff. Our December 2022 set explores fertility preservation for transgender children and young people; Latinx attitudes, barriers, and experiences with genetic counseling and testing; and more. If you would like your ELSI-relevant review featured in this communication, please contact us at [email protected]. You can find more reviews in the ELSIhub Publications database!
Perspectives on Genetic and Genomic Testing
- Dron, H. A., Bucio, D., Young, J. L., Tabor, H. K., & Cho, M. K. (2022). Latinx attitudes, barriers, and experiences with genetic counseling and testing: A systematic review. Journal of Genetic Counseling. Advance online publication.
- Martins, M. F., Murry, L. T., Telford, L., & Moriarty, F. (2022). Direct-to-consumer genetic testing: An updated systematic review of healthcare professionals’ knowledge and views, and ethical and legal concerns. European Journal of Human Genetics, 30, 1331–1343.
- Sherburn, I. A., Finlay, K., & Best, S. (2022). How does the genomic naive public perceive whole genomic testing for health purposes? A scoping review. European Journal of Human Genetics, 1–13.
- Gereis, J., Hetherington, K., Ha, L., Robertson, E. G., Ziegler, D. S., Barlow-Stewart, K., Tucker, K. M., Marron, J. M., & Wakefield, C. E. (2022). Parents’ understanding of genome and exome sequencing for pediatric health conditions: A systematic review. European Journal of Human Genetics, 30, 1216–1225.
- Siala, H., & Wang, Y. (2022). SHIFTing artificial intelligence to be responsible in healthcare: A systematic review. Social Science & Medicine, 296, Article 114782.
- Battineni, G., Hossain, M. A., Chintalapudi, N., & Amenta, F. (2022). A survey on the role of artificial intelligence in biobanking studies: A systematic review. Diagnostics, 12(5), Article 1179.
- Khanijahani, A., Iezadi, S., Dudley, S., Goettler, M., Kroetsch, P., & Wise, J. (2022). Organizational, professional, and patient characteristics associated with artificial intelligence adoption in healthcare: A systematic review. Health Policy and Technology, 11(1), Article 100602.
Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Warton, C., & McDougall, R. J. (2022). Fertility preservation for transgender children and young people in paediatric healthcare: A systematic review of ethical considerations. Journal of Medical Ethics. Advance online publication.
- Bauer, T. (2022). A systematic review of qualitative studies investigating motives and experiences of recipients of anonymous gamete donation. Frontiers in Sociology, 7, Article 746847.
- Kneebone, E., Beilby, K., & Hammarberg, K. (2022). Experiences of surrogates and intended parents of surrogacy arrangements: A systematic review. Reproductive BioMedicine Online, 45(4), 815–830.
- Lombardi, L., Trumello, C., Stuppia, L., Antonucci, I., Brandão, T., & Babore, A. (2022). BRCA1/2 pathogenetic variant carriers and reproductive decisions: Gender differences and factors associated with the choice of preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and prenatal diagnosis (PND). Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, 39, 1433–1443.
- Hughes, B. N., Jorgensen, K. A., Cummings, S., Morah, D., Krause, K., Rauh-Hain, J. A., & Herzog, T. J. (2022). Systematic mapping review of guidelines for BRCA1/2 genetic testing globally: Investigating geographic and regional disparities in health equity for women and families at risk for hereditary ovarian cancer. International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer. Advance online publication.